30 Nov Happy National Computer Security Day!
It’s National Computer Security Day
November 30th is National Computer Security Day! Did you know that the first Computer Security Day was held in 1988 and was started by the Association for Computer Security to raise awareness concerning computer security issues? It’s been a long time since then and computer security has become an even more important issue affecting businesses of every size and industry.
National Computer Security Day is a perfect opportunity for you to observe and really think about how safe your company computers, servers and networks really are. The best way to go about this is to check in with your IT support company. They will walk you through your current security situation and offer areas of improvement.
If you don’t have an IT company looking after your computer systems and need a consultation- Click Here.
TIPS ON HOW TO OBSERVE COMPUTER SECURITY DAY
Follow this checklist so that you can follow to help secure your computers and networks. Help spread the word on social media using #ComputerSecurityDay to inform others how they can secure their data!
- Windows Update is enabled.
- Antivirus software is installed and running.
- Windows Firewall is turned on.
- The software on my computer is up to date.
- Strong passwords are always used.
- Passwords are not shared or written down.
- A password is required to access my computer.
- Unused programs are removed.
- My home wireless network is secured.
- My important data is regularly backed up.
- I use caution when I browse the Internet.
- I log off the computer when I’m not using it.
- My web browser does not store or remember my passwords.
- Temporary Internet files are periodically removed.
We hope these tips help you have a happy and safe Computer Security Day. Remember, it is always a good idea to speak to a professional service about your computer security systems. For more tips and advice check out our blog or contact us for more details.