27 Dec 8 Important Questions To Ask Before Hiring An It Support Company
Find The Right IT Support Company For Your Business
Hiring an IT support company is smart business practice in today’s world. With the growing threat of cybersecurity breaches, keeping your company’s data safe and your system running smoothly is complicated. It requires a team of professionals monitoring your system 24/7 with the latest software to help keep those threats at bay. All IT support companies are not equal of course, so before you hire one, here are a few questions to ask that will help you choose the right IT support company for you.
Questions To Ask Before Hiring IT Support
- How Long Have They Been In Business?
- Everyone knows that it isn’t easy to stay in business and only the best can stand the test of time. When hiring an IT support company, look for ones that have been in business for more than 5 years. They have had time to retain clients for a longer period and that only comes when those customers are happy with their services. It is safe to assume that they are providing a good service as a result.
- What Is The Process When There Is A Cyber Breach?
- Small, medium and large companies must know that they are constantly under threat of a cyber breach. With new viruses and hacks appearing every day, the chances of one getting by your firewalls at some point is very real. Knowing what your IT support company will do about it if that occurs is critical to understand before hiring them.
- What Is The Turnaround Time When An Issue Is Detected?
- This is probably one of the most important features to look for. When there is an issue with your computer system, it can be crippling to your company and every minute counts. Having a quick turnaround time is essential when dealing with computer issues. Ask for examples of when they have had to deal with this before and how quickly was it resolved.
- Is There Going To Be An Initial Assessment?
- Before an IT support company takes over and starts waiting for security breaches, there should be an initial assessment of your computer system to see if it’s working properly. Suggestions and implementations should follow immediately.
- What Will Be Used To Protect My Company’s Computer System?
- Knowing what software and firewalls will be used on your computer system before you hire the IT company is a good idea. You can and should do some of your own research and verify if that will be sufficient for you. With a quick Google search, you can find reviews and get the information that you need.
- Do They Have Testimonials and Can You Contact Them?
- Testimonials are a great way to verify the service results of an IT company. A good company would encourage you to speak with their happy clients, if they hesitate to do so, this would be a red flag.
- Is Your System Under 24/7 Protection?
- Hackers don’t sleep, in fact, they will look for an opportunity to get in when they can’t be detected, like after business hours, so your IT company should be monitoring activity 24/7 including the weekends.
- Do They Have Any Industry Credentials?
- Awards, recognition and industry credentials are good indications of the quality of service you can expect, and when it comes to your computer system (which is the heart of your business), you want the best quality money can buy.
We hope these questions help you when you decide to hire an IT support company. If you are looking for a company that has 40 years of experience and is an expert in the field of IT, call SOS Support and get a free consultation today!